Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Beginning.

Well we also made it to Mexico. The Engage House (missionary & intern house) is absolutely beautiful! Made out of stone or something. Marble flooring, granite countertops. I took pictures. Maybe tonight I'll get a chance to download some of the pictures. I haven't visited any missionaries before, but I'm guessing this is pretty luxurious. Our motel room is ok. Not so fancy like this house here. But I haven't had any bugs in my room - I checked my blankets before hopping in bed! I got a warm shower which was a big blessing! Some people didn't get warm showers. I think they didn't know which knob was which. You have to use only the hot. The bed was hard, but warm. I suppose I'd take warm over soft so that is good. Nancy lost her luggage. They are hoping to have it today. We hope we are available when they call. We haven't gone to any convenience stores yet and I am dying for a pop! Also I need to get a contact lens case. Abe took a run this morning and went to a store, but he didn't find one. There is a pharmacy close by here hopefully they have one. We also haven't exchanged any money. But one of the gals her at the engage house is going to exchange $20 for me! yeah! That way if we happen to be by a store I'm ready!

We learned 3 songs (movements) yesterday that we will do in a presentation at a church - or maybe in a park or street. That was fun. Especially watching everyone's coordination.

One interesting thing that I have noticed is that Guadalajara is big, but there are no skyscrapers like Seattle. On the freeway in - one side of the freeway was very poor looking, but you look on the other side and there were beautiful homes and buildings! I guess "the other side of the tracks" is actually "the other side of the freeway". It will be interesting to see the church we are going to today. More thoughts later.

No comments: