Saturday, August 11, 2007

My life in a rush.

Ok. I have not dropped off the face of the planet. I have just been busy. I went to Mexico. that was great. Then came home for a few days and left for an awesome anniversary vacation with Jorge. Everything he planned was great. We stayed at a beautiful charming hotel. Walked around the bay. Kayaking, horseback riding on a trail and then winding up by the beach at sunset. Unbelievable - even though my back and legs were so sore! 3 hours at one time was a lot for me. but worth it. Then I came home for one night and left for a week of kids camp. Kids camp this year was amazing. I got to really network with some people. I feel like a know a lot more people from around the network. I was part of the camp staff team. I organized the morning sessions. Jorge went with me and helped out. The most precious moment. The words I have been waiting for years to hear. He was praying for kids at the alter. then he sat down with me and said, "thank you." I said for what. he said, "for letting me see why you do what you do. I never saw it before - why you would want to be with kids. but now I see it and I want to be a part of it. i don't want to miss out on what God is doing in kids lives." that was a prayer I'd been praying for years - both for our home and for ministry. the best part was that Jorge was sharing his experience with several pastors from the area and they are holding him accountable. He has kept in touch with them. God is awesome. Then I came home from kids camp and had one week before Elia's wedding! Deborah and I have done pretty much all of the planning and coordinating for the wedding. I was pleased with how it all came out. The flowers and table decorations were beautiful - thank you Donna and Dennis. The food was prepared and my mom didn't have to be in the kitchen at all during the reception (she did prepare a dish to bring - couldn't have a wedding without mexican food!) - thanks Dawn and Jordan. My mom made all the little girls dresses. Jeremiah didn't want to stand where he was supposed to, but oh well - nothing can be perfect! Vernice came along to be extra hands - clear plates, light candles, and help clean up - it was great to have someone around. Holly helped to make up beautiful - thank you. I appreciate everyone who was a part - Abe officiated and he did a great job! I heard several compliments. mark's family was great to meet.
Well that's pretty much been my life for the past month! Oh yeah. Our bid was accepted on a house in Grandview. I hope to close before the month is over. I still don't understand why closing takes so long - but everyone says it does. I hope to be able to enroll my kids into Arthur Smith Elementary School - by safeway. our house is also by safeway. But I'm not sure how it will work out, since I can't get mail there until it closes. Once we close we still have some things to repair in the house before we move in. If we have an address we can enroll the kids. I may have to drive them over - but I'd rather have then start off the year in the new school than switch a few weeks into the school year. Ok. Now I think that is officially it.

1 comment:

abelara said...

we're very excited about your upcoming move to grandview.

who knows maybe you'll also do "computer school" like us too.