Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Chores and thoughts

Aaaah the chore list! I'm loving it! We came up with 3 color groups - red, green, blue. Each color groups has 3 jobs assigned to it. The kids rotate weekly with color groups. laundry and dishes are each on a color group. Of course when Jeremiah has laundry - I have to help a lot (but its training right. if I can teach him to sort now - I'll have it made in a few years!) Cathy was great at dishes last week! She did a great job and did them pretty much on her own. She's got laundry this week. Jorgie has dishes this week - I help him, but he does pretty good. It's been good so far.

I've been watching more action type movies. Sort of scary to me. To think that such criminals really exist. I'm thankful that God is my protector and that I haven't dealt with such things face to face. But it makes me think of all that stuff that goes on in the world around me, and I just walk around with my daily routine. Is it enough to do the best I can with my kids and my family? To raise my little family to do right and love the Lord. Of course we will be witnesses to those around us and be part of global missions. But really, really will we or anyone reach these hardened criminals? Will any of us ever be in contact with these people who do wild and dangerous crimes? Maybe the concept is reach those around us and eventually we'll be raising up a new generation and there will be less and less criminals? I know everything in the movies is not real, but a lot of it could be real.

All right then.

No comments: