Wednesday, September 06, 2006

New stuff

How's it look? I decided to try a new template. I started this process last night and finally I think that I'm ok with this one. I liked the colors and graphics on this one. Only I'm not really sure what "this other eden" is supposed to mean. I'd rather take that out, but I don't know how. It seems like that is the title of my blog, but it's not.

My dad is doing ok. He got xrays today, and he didn't break anything (his foot started hurting and was swollen last night). Hard to move him around since he can't put weight on that foot.

Here are pictures of my bathroom. I think it looks beautiful. The best thing is the whole thing was my idea. I was actually able to coordinate things! I never saw myself as a decorator, but maybe I do have some potential. Mine (I still need curtains), Cathy's, and the bathroom have been done. The boys room is next. Then I'm not sure where. Living room would be ideal, but there's too much stuff to eliminate that isn't really mine. Maybe the kitchen/dining room would be an easier project. Little by little this house could come together. As things begin to look more beautiful, the easier it is to be content. Hmm.

It has been tough for me to be here alone with my dad. It'd be easier if either my mom was here or Jorge was here. This week has given me a new appreciation for the support that we all are to each other, just by being together. I can't imagine how it would be for my mom if she was alone with my dad. Sure it might be more peaceful, but I know she'd feel bad calling for help everytime my dad needed help. That's what went on in my head.

I miss my husband. We don't always have the best communication, especially lately. (here comes the honesty), Sometimes I think I'd be better off on my own. I could decide everything for myself, take up the whole bed, etc. This week has made me understand that though I could do it, family life would not be as enjoyable on my own. There would be no one to discuss plans with, keep order while I blog :), tell my deepest thoughts to, or share adventures with. Sure there are people that I could spend my time with, but it'd always seem like my kids were tag-a-longs. My husband makes us all complete. If you ever get internet access in mexico, Jorge I love you, appreciate you, miss you, and realize the value you have in our relationship.

No comments: