Friday, September 22, 2006

We're not old yet.

I've had fun hanging out with the women of our church. They are each awesome women. There has been an awesome drama group here. Two women that just do funny skits. They all have spiritual aspects, but are so entertaining. This is my first "Women's Conference" and I guess I thought that I was too young to go to women's things that it was for older women. But it has been great. It's fun to know that "women" do appreciate silly laughter. We were all giggly when we got lost. It was great.

There was also a late night gathering for "credentialed ministers". My pastor's wife and I are still in the process of pursueing our credentials (she's a lot further than I am). So we thought, well next year we'll get to go. Then when they were announcing where it was to take place, they announced it for "credentialed ministers or those pursuing credentials". So we got to go. It was coffee and cookies, but it was great. We met other women ministers. Sat introduced ourselves and talked about being in ministry. They also talked about alternative steps that you can take. It was all very informative and interesting. The funnest part was that one of the other young women ministers thought I was young and single. Hee heee. She was talking about going to a ministers convention and being the only young single woman minister. She said there was another single woman minister but she was older. She said she was praying that the young women would soon take up a whole table. So she was excited to meet me. I did clear the air that I was not single, but I'd still like to sit at her table. I guess there's a Northwest Women's Ministers Network. They want to be a support/resource to women ministers. It was awesome to hear.

I know this wasn't the funnest post to read, but that is what I'm thinking about. Connecting with these other women. Support is awesome to have. People to ask questions to and lean on. We all need that no matter what we are doing in life.

3 comments:

abelara said...

great to hear you're all having fun.

---
just thought i'd mention . . . IT'S YOUR BLOG! it doesn't ever have to be interesting to anyone but you. so keep writing whatever is on you mind.

Anonymous said...

so, i am also happy i taught out of 2 kings on elijah and elisha this sunday.

this teacher at school has been peeving me off... just coming off to me as so annoying.

so, she came again to give some more 'advice' .... and low and behold i actually (1) had a somewhat servent mindset, and (2) applied the idea that i need to prove i can follow before i can lead, and i need to slaughter all my animals and burn all my tools and follow her.

oh yea, i forgot that part. she offered to be my 'teacher mentor.'

So, i am happy i was in kid's church this sunday, and that i had the oppurtunity to study that...

i agreed to be mentored by her.

we'll see if i am taking the wise move, or if i am welcoming a 'false teacher.'

her teaching ideas are a lot different than mine...

which is good to have imput...

i would not go get imput much because i love MY IDEAS so much...

and it freaks people out because you know (1) how random i can be, (2) how I avoid 'the system,' and (3) how my brain is so off compared to other people's brains.

anyWHO....

mag, can you pray for me that i will do well in my progress reports? they are due wed morning. along with 4 unit tests i am preparing, and class activities, AND 5 lectures all on different subject matter that is going on this week.

sorry to be so self-centered!

come to prayer tomorrow! i will pray for you !!!!

Anonymous said...

mag,

i am sorry i was not a better support to you on the phone this evening. i was not centered in the moment (do the best you can, with what you have, at this moment.....)my mind was roaming around like a bat flying at night in a desert.

thank you for calling about the ikea chairs.

i would have written an email, but hotmail is blocked from my office at school.