Monday, June 25, 2007

the Race



So Jorgie was running around the house and I said, "you run so much you should be in a race." He said, "OK". So I decided that we should go have a race! We went to the stadium and raced one lap around the track. It was very fun. Jorgie won. I stayed and helped Jeremiah along the way. He made it, but had a couple falls. They were all smiles. Then they did another race - just on the long straight stretch (forgot how long that is). Then we did a "baton"race. We had to use a battery for the baton. We had a lot of fun. Then we climbed up the stadium hill and rolled down it. What an easy way to entertain the boys.

That was on Saturday. Today we tried out a homemade finger paint recipe that I found in a magazine. I think that it worked pretty well - except that my paper was too thin. They liked making it. I liked feeling like a fun mom. It was worth the time spent. I think I will keep trying to find simple easy things to do. They don't take up the whole day, but they add variety to our days. I found that there are lots of websites out there with stuff do do. Just google summer day activities. I also have some "Busy Books" I bought one year.

Well we leave pretty soon for Mexico. I am getting excited for that. We aren't all the way paid off, but there's still time! On another subject we are looking into buying a house in Grandview. It sound like all the stuff will be happening when I am gone. Wouldn't it be exciting to come home and find I have a new home! Well it's a little complicated. The house isn't technically out on the market yet. There is a for sale by HUD housing sign on it. The HUD housing place has a law that before they put it out on the market they open it for sale to hurricane katrina victims. So that is where it is right now. If nobody wants to buy it (which they say out here in WA it is not likely that there will be any Katrina victims) they open it up. So they say it should open to others in the next week or two. So that puts it to Mexico time. I hope they don't really need me!

No comments: