Saturday, June 16, 2007

Recent happenings.

Well I've had fun being with my sister this week. A great surpise for my parents and my kids. I knew since march, but it was a secret from everyone else. It was killing me to keep it in. It was fun to try on bridesmaids dresses. Cathy is pretty excited for a new dress and looking all "grown up".

Cathy is sure growing so much. I am excited for growth in our relationship as mother and daughter. I am excited for hanging around with her friends She has a friend who calls and even if Cathy is not home - she just chats with me. Also for all the days of shopping and hair dos, nail painting, and make up. I love it when she says "mom lets just lay in the bed and talk". We've done that since she was little. I pray that we will always continue to do that.

We did our "endurance climb" today. We had to climb the hill behind my house - the whole way to the top. The concept is that we help each other along the way. Don't let anyone give up. It was an interesting feeling as Cathy got tired and felt like throwing up. I was tired. But I had her grab my waist and I pulled her along. I was the donkey and she was my cargo. It was this time of thinking for me - I must carry my child. She will not fail this task. I don't know how to explain it. I was glad for the experience.

Have you ever smelled deoderant? Well I was going on a "Walmart run" with Elia and Jorge asked us to pick up some deoderant for him. Well I decided I wanted to get him a different one. So there I was smelling all the deodants. There were some hat I definately didn't like - Old Spice. But there was the TAG brand. I sort of liked them. They had names like "lucky", "midnight", "all nighter" etc. Well I was going strickly by smell and I chose all nighter. The picture is purple with shadows of a city and a girl on it. Well it was priceless to see Jorge's face as I handed him the bag. His eyes lit up and he said "oh really". Then I told him, I just liked the smell - I smelled them all!"

Tomorrow is Father's Day. We don't have big plans. We don't have evening service either. Jorge has to work. My dad will probably sleep all day. My mom has declared that she is sleeping after dropping off Elia (noon). So I really don't know what I will do to occupy myself. What fun and exciting thing could I do. Or maybe not exciting, but just not boring. Well I'll elt you all know what I decided.

1 comment:

abelara said...

you could go to pastor's house and have a pool party and movie night on the BIG screen.

i'm sure they won't mind . . . plus they're not going to be there!! (well maybe his kids will be, better ask)

have fun!