Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I've got a writer!

I am so proud of him!  Jeremiah wrote his name completely unassisted!  There were no dots to trace.  I didn't tell him the letters to write.  I didn't hold his had.  Earlier in the day he was on the computer playing a game and it said, "type in your name"  I glanced over and there he was typing it in. We'd been playing a game - for a while now- where we cut out all the letters in his name and scrambled them up and he had to put them in order.  Anyhow, later in the day he got a white board and marker and announced that he was going to write his name.  I said ok and sat back to watch.  And he did it!  Then I asked him to write it on a paper so we could put it up on the refrigerator.  Once again he did it.  I am a very proud mother.  I went to the doctor yesterday and was bragging about him.  She asked how my kids were and if Jeremiah went to preschool or anything yet. I said, "he doesn't go to school, but he is learning"  She was impressed and said, "wow that's great for three, and he has a long name - its not like he's writing Bob."  Anyhow, some of you already got a personal call from Jeremiah - "i wrote my name with no dots!"  But to the rest of the world he's doing great.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh that is great news..way to go Jeremiah! congrats maggie on having such a smart son and for teaching him so well :) see ya on sunday
jen

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I"m glad you posted a picture of the writing. I got a phone call and I"m so proud. I've been telling everyone at my work. I"m a proud Aunt