Monday, September 04, 2006

The End

The end of Hot Cheetos. It is a sad weekend in the Najera household. Hot Cheetos have been officially banned. They have practically been a staple food at our house since Cathy was 3 years. All the kids like them now, especially Jeremiah and Cathy. But apparently her stomach isn't taking to them anymore. The past few times that she's eaten them she's thrown up. We'd been cutting down, but it still happened last night. To save her tummy and the tummies of my boys, they have been outlawed here. And the whining has begun. Worst of all will Cathy ever read again?? (she doesn't really enjoy reading, so she'd read to earn hot cheetos - I know using food as a bribe isn't a good idea) Cathy cried today, because she heard me telling my family about it. I write this to you faithful readers so that you will support the ban and not offer her this favorite snack, NOT so you can make fun of her (nobody made fun of her she was just reminded of the ban).

On a positive note, Holly and I redecorated my bathroom. It looks beautiful. Jorge took the camera so I can take a photo just yet. It's painted, coordinated, and organized. Beautiful. My dad's caregiver was wowed when he saw it. My niece said, "this is a pretty bathroom". A great improvement.

Jorge is off to Mexico. Driving one of his brothers down and also getting a chance to see his parents and his hometown. I know that he will truly enjoy the visit, eventhough it isn't too long. I wish we could all see the sites.

My mom is also gone for the week. She has gone to visit her sister in California. She's also visiting old friends and relatives. Enjoying her hometown visit, I'm sure.

Hey, I guess I should go on vacation next! Only fair right! Well the Women's retreat is coming up, but that's not really vacation (neither was kids camp). I think I should be gone for a week too. I would need someone to go with and just have fun. Sight see, sleep in, you know. An idea in the making. Any takers??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should Come visit me!!!