Saturday, October 20, 2007

A saturday with nothing planned.

So we are here! Today was the best saturday ever! And we didn't do anything! That's the whole point. I just stayed home. Didn't do any trips - although there are still trips to do (storage stuff). Didn't do any painting, although there is still painting to do! I've had people around pretty much all day. Jorge had "starbucks with the guys" this morning. A friend also went and I watched his two girls. My kids were still asleep so I had them help me clean my room, hang up my clothes and such. Nice to talk to them. Don't get time like that often, usually the kids are playing etc. Meanwhile, Abe stopped by with churros! Then a friend of Jorge from Yak. came down to work on the heating system for downstairs - needs vents in bedrooms down there. I was thinking I had to cook lunch for all of us, but my loving mother brought over lunch. I love you mom. When the guys came back, Johnny fixed my mom's car! (it had a broken hose) Then my friend Vicki came over with her kids. We chatted for a bit. She left to run errands, but I asked her to stop by on the way back. She did and she helped me unpack boxes, take boxes downstairs for storage. helped make the house much more livable! Thank you so much Vicki for just being around. I am blessed for people like you that show up and do mind getting in there! Then they left - took Cathy with them to spend the night. I had a few hours for to do laundry, and work on a sermon. Then I babysat my other friends two kids (this was sleeping time though after 9) while she went out bowling with her cousin from out of town. I let the kids slide around on the hardwood floors for about 15 min. then put everyone to bed. What a day, and I had nothing happening today. Isn't "community" a great feeling. It has been for me lately.

It was great. Next week I hope to actually finish up. We have another trip to do at my mom's, and clean up around her house. Then, we still need to drywall the ceiling of the laundry room (cobweb city). and lay bits of carpet (kids rooms are done, but ran a little short for the living area). I have trim work to do around up and downstairs. We really can't set up my kids rooms, since they don't have mattresses! Jeremiah does, but the others don't. Hey we have two couches they can sleep on that were given to us (even though I had said "i am not having those couches" - well as deb said "you get what you get and you don't throw a fit"

The end is coming! yeah. I am excited for more great days. Inviting people over for dinner . . . great stuff.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Maggie, I have seen the house since you are almost finished, do you have any before and after pictures we can see.

Jeannie

Anonymous said...

yeah i agree w/ jeannie, we all want to see pictures :)
Alyssa was wondering if we can come over after church on sunday, would love to see the house.
Jennifer